Monday, October 25, 2010

I've got a Golden Ticket!


I know that you're not supposed to post twice on your blog in the same day, but I do feel a little sheepish that so far all you've seen from me on our newly budding blog is the promise of great sewing and a nose jacket. I have several projects that I've done in the last couple of months, and I will go back through and post about each of those in due time, but this is the most appropriate one for this week being all Halloweenie.

Side note: I do need to take this opportunity to share that Breanna and I are deeply committed to the Holidays, which we have so lovingly dubbed THANKWEENIKAS. There are 4 stages of Thankweenikas, and I'm sure as we get more situated and have some blogsperience we will have some sections for Thankweenikas crafts. Moving. On.

This year we're hosting a Thankweenikas Phase I party, and the theme is Children's Movies. One of my favorite children's movies is Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (the old one), so this year I'm dressing up as Veruca Salt!


I couldn't find a pattern for it of course, but I used the Burda Young 7680 pattern - Dress B. I left off the loops they wanted to add for a belt, and just extended the sleeves to make them long. I have to say that I made many many many mistakes, and a lot of it like the collar and white sleeve caps I added after everything else was done, so they by no means look perfect. I needed to have a little bit more forethought for those, but I think it turned out great. This is the first time I've ever really done a pattern, and I think I altered ok for my first time.

What costume did you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment